Business and Resident Flood Resources
Federal and state resources are available to help individuals and businesses make sense of flood insurance and floodplain management. The below information and our
frequently asked questions (FAQs) may help answer your questions.
If you can't find what you're looking for, please
National Flood Insurance Program Flood Insurance Call Center
National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) policyholders who have questions about their flood insurance policy or the claims process, and disaster survivors who have general questions about the National Flood Insurance Program, can contact a NFIP representative by:
- Calling the NFIP Call Center toll-free, at 1-800-427-4661.
- For individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech disability, call 711 (TTY and other services are available).
- For VRS, please call 1-866-337-4262.
Floodsmart.gov -- an NFIP support website -- provides information on:
- How to buy or renew flood insurance
- Why you need flood insurance
- Making sense of flood insurance
- How to reduce your cost
- How to file a NFIP claim
FEMA Map Service Center
Flood Map Service Center (MSC) is the official public source for flood hazard information produced in support of the NFIP. Use the MSC to:
- Find your official flood map
- Access a range of other flood hazard products
- Take advantage of tools for better understanding flood risk
FEMA flood maps are continually updated through a variety of processes. Effective information that you download or print from this site may change or become superseded by new maps over time. For additional information, please see the
Flood Hazard Mapping Updates Overview Fact Sheet (PDF).