The Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA) is an agency of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
The Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA) helps communities and citizens mitigate against, prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies including natural disasters, acts of terrorism, or other human-made disasters.
PEMA supports county emergency management agencies by coordinating and engaging the whole community including:
- Federal and state partners
- Volunteer organizations involved in disasters
- Private sector business community
Key Guiding Principles
PEMA will help the commonwealth be more:
Overarching Strategic Priorities
PEMA's strategic priorities are as follows:
- An agency with systems and processes that are efficient, effective, and optimized to produce the desired outcomes needed to support our partners, stakeholders and ultimately the citizens of the commonwealth during both daily operations and during times of crisis.
- An agency that has a highly qualified, dedicated, and motivated workforce with the needed talent and expertise to consistently exceed the expectations of our partners and stakeholders in every aspect of emergency management.
- An agency that is a Highly Reliable Organization which continually learns, grows and matures in everything that we do through a culture of continual process improvement with emphasis on mentorship, succession planning, and legacy building.