The grant application package must consist of:
The PDF Application must be first saved then opened from the saved location.
Each subapplicant must develop a formal Investment Justification that addresses each investment proposed for funding. Security enhancements must be for the locations that the nonprofit occupies at the time of application. The investments or projects described in the investment justification must:
- Address an identified risk, including threat and vulnerability, and build or sustain a core capability identified in the goal
- Demonstrate the ability to provide enhancements consistent with the purpose of the program and guidance provided by FEMA
- Be both feasible and effective at reducing the risks for which the project was designed
- Be able to be fully completed within the three-year period of performance
- Be consistent with all applicable requirements outlined in the NOFO.
- The Investment Justification must be uploaded using this naming convention:
- NSGP-UA: “FY2023_NSGP_UA <State Abbreviation>_<Urban Area>_<Nonprofit Name>"
- NSGP-S: “FY2023_NSGP_S <State Abbreviation>_<Nonprofit Name>
2. Mission Statement – Each subapplicant must include its mission statement recognizing the impact an organization’s ideology, beliefs, or mission may have on their risk of potential terrorist threats. Applicants must self-identify the nonprofit organization using one of the below four categories:
3. Vulnerability Assessment – Each subapplicant must include its vulnerability/risk assessment on which the request in the Investment Justification is based.
Vulnerability assessment resources:
- County Contacts (PDF)
- Pennsylvania State Police Risk and Vulnerability Assessment Team (RVAT)
- Email the Department of Homeland Security at email@example.com.
- Email the Western Area Fusion Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. Serves these counties: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Mercer, Somerset, Venango, Washington, and Westmoreland
- Email the Delaware Valley Intelligence Center at email@example.com. Serves these counties: Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia
- Self-assessments are acceptable. Learn more about self-assessments here.
4. 501(C)(3) Determination Letter or Letter of Exemption