Nuclear Power Plant Safety
Nuclear Power Plant Drill Dates 2018-2025 (PDF)
Information for Farmers (PDF)
Power Plant Fact Sheets and Evacuation Maps
Radiological Emergency Preparedness
The Radiological Emergency Preparedness (REP) Program addresses commonwealth oversight of off-site preparedness in relation to incidents at the five nuclear power plants in Pennsylvania.
The REP staff within the Bureau of Plans is responsible:
- For preparation, promulgation and distribution of Nuclear/Radiological Plan of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Emergency Operations Plan;
- For ensuring appropriate state departments and agencies develop and maintain plans and procedures necessary to support responses to nuclear power plant incidents;
- For reviewing and updating, in conjunction with the nuclear utility emergency planning/preparedness organizations, county, municipal and school district plans and procedures for incidents at nuclear power plants;
- To ensure the commonwealth is prepared to respond to nuclear power plant incidents and to assist state agencies, counties, municipalities and school districts, in conjunction with utility emergency planning/preparedness organizations, in such preparation through drills and exercises;
- To assist in programmatic reviews of associated grants; and for coordination of nuclear power incident response with federal, state, local and non-governmental agencies.
For Additional Information
Contact PEMA's Alan Brinser via email or phone at 717-651-2217.